Sunday, November 13, 2011

Books

"No man can be called friendless who has God and the companionship of good books".
-Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Sometimes do you wish that you could be like the people you read about in books? I get engulfed in books and catch myself acting like the characters that inspire me. Like when I am reading Jane Austen books, my vocabulary gets more sophisticated and I tend to dress in classy clothes. Recently I read Peter Pan and all I could think about was what it would be like to talk to a mermaid, or be a mother that waits for her children every night to come home from Neverland. Now, while I read The Wednesday Wars, I wonder if my seventh grade self could understand Shakespeare and respond to death threats for cream puffs. I am so grateful for books and how they take me out of myself and explore new thoughts and ideas.

How do books affect you?

1 comment:

Christa said...

I love Books. I love feeling like I'm part of a different world. A lot of times I think I am the character I'm reading about...and then I get to return to my life, but sometimes I just like going to Hogwarts. :)